Bacchus Marsh Coaches was established in 1989 as part of the Donric Group of companies.
The Donric Group was formed in 1980 under the direction of Don McKenzie and Richard Baird. The initial fleet of 8 vehicles has grown to in excess of 225 buses and coaches today. The Donric Group consists of the following businesses:
- Sunbury Bus Service / Sunbury Coaches
- Coach Tours of Australia
- Bacchus Marsh Coaches
- Gold Bus Ballarat
- Organ’s Coaches Kyneton
- Trans North Bus & Coach
Each business within the Group enjoys an excellent transport industry record of catering for a diversified range of people movement activities and specialising in:
- Met Route Services – V/Line Route Services
- School Bus Services – Extended Tours
- Safari Tours – Group Charter
- Conferences – Educational Tours
- Snow Trips – Express Coaches
We pride ourselves on our ability to meet the needs of our customers beyond the call of duty. Our extensive experience in a wide range of transport activities allows us to anticipate the potential requirements of different groups and offer assistance in the planning phase.
We are actively involved with many other Companies and organisations in planning and conducting tours and charter, including:
- Group Tour Management – Interstate and local travel
- Australian Tourmasters – Interstate and local travel
- Inbound Travel Agents – Statewide and Interstate travel
- School Groups – Local, Statewide and Interstate travel
- Senior Citizens and Probus Groups – Local, Statewide and Interstate travel
- Associated Retailers Ltd – Various Trade Fairs.
Our businesses also operate a wide range of Government Contracts:
- Met Route Services – to and from Gisborne, Riddell, Moonee Ponds, Sunbury, Melton & Bacchus Marsh
- V/Line Route Services – in and around the Bacchus Marsh District
- V/Line Route Services – Mildura to/from Melbourne
- School Bus Services – within the Sunbury, Gisborne, Riddell, Melton, Bacchus Marsh, Kyneton, Woodend, Ballarat & Ballan Areas
Other significant areas of our operations include being the exclusive transport provider for Alpine World Ski Holidays, operating Express Coaches for McCaffertys and operating Outback Safari Tours for Austour. Our Company is also a founding member of the Coachlink Network, a National body established to co-ordinate integrated transport requirements across Australia.
We recognise that our people are our greatest asset and our ambition is to develop them to their full potential. To this end we have developed a Staff Development Program to cater for corporate and individual needs. It includes:
- Driver Assessments
- Coach Driver Training
- First Aid Training
- Transport Supervisor
- Mechanics Familiarisation
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Computer Awareness & Familiarisation
- Tourism and Marketing
- Management Conference
- Instruction Video Day/Nights
- Customer Relations
We take a great deal of pride in our bus and coach drivers – dedicated professionals who are experienced in the areas of people movement. They are experienced and well trained in vehicle handling skills and are knowledgeable in the areas they visit. All drivers wear the Company uniform whilst on duty and are solely responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of their vehicles. Our drivers are courteous and friendly and are always ready to offer extra assistance or information where necessary.
Our Tour Consultants have been recruited from a talented field of candidates and were selected for their expertise in tour planning, their friendly personalities and genuine dedication to their task. They operate very effectively as a team and work tirelessly on the smallest detail to ensure the success of every tour departure.
Our Operations Staff are experts in their field. Between them they have many years’ experience in the transport industry and can assist in arranging any transport activity.
The entire Company has a very deliberate focus on Team Work, Customer Care and Quality Service.
Our goals in business are simple:
- To deliver the best possible service to our customers, and
- To provide a memorable experience, whether it be an Outback Camping Safari, an Educational Tour, a Day Charter, an Airport Transfer or a ride to the local shop.
We aim to achieve and maintain our success by ensuring that we remain at the forefront of the transport industry, by providing exceptional service to our customers.